Where are the different book locations found in the library?
When you search in the library catalog you will notice that there are different "locations" listed. Locations can have the same call numbers but books may be in different locations due to size, condition, rareness, etc.
Find the "Location" of the book below and use that to start searching by call number in the appropriate area of the library:
- ATLAS- Level 1 in the Information Commons (closest to the printers)
- BASEMENT STORAGE- click here for details on how to request books from the basement
- CIRCULATION DESK- Level 1 at the Circulation Desk
- CMC (Curriculum Collection) (Children's books)- Level 2 (behind the elevator)
- DICT STAND (Dictionaries)- Level 1 in the Information Commons (between group study rooms and photocopier)
- EXTRA OVERSIZE- Level 3 near Oversize
- FLAT- Level 3 near Oversize (individual titles) or in Basement Storage (periodicals). Please request if you are uncertain.
- INFO DESK- Level 1 Information Desk
- MAIN STACKS- Level 2 (call numbers A-PM), Level 3 (call numbers PN-Z)
- OVERSIZE- Level 3
- PERIOD (Current Periodicals) - Level 2 ( between the media group study rooms)
- POP READ COLL (Popular Reading Collection) - Level 2 (near the fireplace)
- REF (Reference)- Level 1 in the Information Commons
- RESERVES-CIRCULATION DESK- On reserve for a class (short checkout) - available at Circulation
- SPEC COLL (Special Collections)- contact Archives and Special Collections
Locations by Level:
Level 1: CIRCULATION DESK | DICT STAND | ATLAS | REF | INFO DESK | INDEX | LIT CRIT
Level 2: POP READ COLL | MAIN STACKS (A-PM) | PERIOD | PERIOD Newspaper | CMC Dewey | CMC Picture Bks | CMC Middle Grade Fic | CMC YA Fic | CMC Chapter Bks
Level 3: MAIN STACKS | OVERSIZE | SP COLL (contact Special Collections in advance)
Request online: BASEMENT STORAGE (pick up at Circulation)