How do I check out a book?
Last Updated: Dec 02, 2014 | 236 Views
Was this helpful? 0 0
To check out a book:
- Find a book you want to check out in the library catalog (LINUS). Copy the Location (i.e. Main Stacks) and Call Number (i.e. BS2556 .S36 2009). Retrieve the book from its location.
- If a book is in Basement Storage, you should request it online. You can also request Main Stacks or Oversize books if you are not currently in the library. If you request a book online, please visit Circulation on the first floor to pick it up.
- Present your OneCard at the Circulation Desk (first floor) or scan the barcode of your OneCard at either of the self-checkout kiosks (level one and two) to check it out on your library record. More information about checkout periods and limits. If you have already requested a book, please visit the Circulation Desk to pick it up.
- To check out a video, please visit the Circulation Desk.
- If an item says "Special Collections" in the catalog, please contact Special Collections to request an appointment.
If you need research help, please visit the Information Desk in the Information Commons on the first floor, or contact us through our Get Help page.
Self checkout machine at the Circulation Desk