How do I use the self-checkout machine?
Last Updated: Jun 24, 2015 | 36 Views
Was this helpful? 0 0
Self-checkout machines are located on the first and second floors, next to the Circulation and Tech on 2 desks.
To use the self-checkout machine:
- You will need your OneCard and the books you want to check out.
- Scan your OneCard at the machine where the red laser line is (scan the library barcode number on the back of the card).
- Once that is entered, scan the barcode on the book(s). *This is NOT the barcode that is part of the book when purchased* - the LMU barcode can be found usually toward the top of the page on the front, inside the front cover, or on the back cover of the book.
- You may need to hold the book still or move the barcode past the scanner to scan it. Usually, you can place the spine of the book in the divot of the machine.
- If you receive an error message in this process concerning your library record, you may have fines or other problems with your library record. Please visit the Circulation desk during their open hours to find out what needs to be fixed.